jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.
38010568

I have a Yamaha P250 digital keyboard and when you power it

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Yamaha P250 digital keyboard and when you power it up, it says Please Wait and then never completes startup.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Yamaha P250 and it's about 7 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I tried replacing the internal power transformer, and also the main board, but it still doesn't won't boot. It's like some other part of the system is not passing the confidence test and this keeps it from turning on the power to the whole system
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I just wanted to know what I can try? I have some electronics experience (I built computers for a living) and have my own soldering set so I can replace capacitors and resistors if need be. I also checked the fuses that are on one of the boards and they appear to be okay (I did a continuity test on it and voltage was able to pass thorough.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Ron Winston replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Yamaha certified technician and I will try to help you. I am coming into this cold so I need some history. Was there anything that might have started the problem. Like power surge, something spilled into it. impacted in some way? Power transformers don't go bad that often why did you change this one?