Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

We have a Yamaha Digital Piano P-45 and we want to transpose

Customer Question
down to a new key...
We have a Yamaha Digital Piano P-45 and we want to transpose down to a new key. When we follow the directions in the manual, the transposition is not a half step down but a full octave. What are we doing wrong?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: The instrument is brand new and I can't give you any more information since it's at a nursing home where I volunteer doing music with the residents.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We just got the instrument a couple weeks ago and we haven't done any trouble-shooting at all. We just followed the manual and nothing was successful.
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No other questions.....other than what else can we try?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
9/23/2016
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Steve G., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Steve G., Engineer

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Are you using the F6 and G6 keys to transpose up and down? If not, how are you doing it?

Hello, are you there?

jaimzness
jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer