Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

Got a new Roland RP401R digital piano today. worked fine.

Customer Question
came with a powerd sub...
got a new Roland RP401R digital piano today. worked fine. came with a powerd sub woofer. I think at first I might have plugged it into the input, because now the music will only go through the amp. When I removed the amp cords, the speakers on the piano will not play now. any suggestions
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/19/2016
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

I don't think you 'broke' anything. But what input did you connect the subwoofer to, perhaps?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think at first (its only one small prong) I On the back of the piano there is an input and output for small prongs, I think I tried both until it worked (dumb me). And now the sound will only come through the subwoofer when its plugged into the output, but at first I might have accidentally plug it into the input while it was powered up.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you still there , I hope I didn't send any power through the input that burnt up the speakers?????

Connecting two inputs to each other usually won't harm anything.

No, you didn't burn up the speakers that way, that's impossible I'm certain.

Let me thoroughly look through the information on your Roland piano, and see if there's some selection you need to make to activate the speakers as the output.

Meanwhile, try turning up the Volume control for the speakers. If it is at a minimum setting, then no sound will come out the speakers... it's just a thought.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
already turned them up, still no sound

OK. Now the info on this digital piano is, that its internal speakers are very loud at maximum, so be sure to turn them down a bit again!

And what it says about the subwoofer is simple: it adds bass resonance. So it isn't an option that turns Off the speakers at all.

Did you ever hear anything from the speakers, since you got this Roland piano?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i played it for about an hour before i tried the subwoofer. The speakers on the piano worked fine. when i put the subwoofer on and finally got it to work, the sound came out of it, but not the piano speakers. Then when I took the subwoofer off, no sound will come out of the piano speakers.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Try turning the Roland piano Off. Unplug it.

Leave it for at least 1/2 hour that way to cool off and reset thoroughly.

Then see if you can get it to work again without the subwoofer connected at all.

(What subwoofer model is it?)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Kinyo AW-630 powered amplified subwoofer

How did powering the Roland piano Off for a while affect the problem (if at all) ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Russell, I fixed it, you'll never guess what was wrong. The piano has two input jacks. The jack under the piano I put the subwoofer still had the large adapter in it from the smaller input plug. I guess it stayed in there when i pulled the plug out. I pulled it out and now it works fine....Thanks for trying anyway.

I was wondering if something like that might be the case. But good. Glad to hear that a solution was found by whatever means.

Does this conclude the case?

If so, would you think my efforts were worth rating?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
case colcluded.... you tried everything you could.....I don't think it could have been solved unless you were here and got down there and looked under it.. I'd give you a good rating for trying so hard..
jaimzness
jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer