Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

My piano does not play. The indicator light is on but

Customer Question
nothing happens....
My piano does not play. The indicator light is on but nothing happens.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
8/2/2016
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

This is a quite common problem with electronic pianos and keyboards. Apparently power is On and the whole thing working fine, but no sound is produced by the keys.

Aside from, on some models and occasionally, the MIDI Mode having been enabled (which sends all playing out the MIDI Out port on the keyboard, but may mute the sound), this means an audio amplifier or audio amplifier stage in the keyboard has suffered an electronic defect, disabling it.

(Or in some types, a tone generator chip may have gone bad.)

You have not stated your keyboard or piano's maker nor model #. With those, I can tell you more about the problem and what to do about it, if you would Reply To Expert with that information, please.

Thanks.

Russell H., Service Tech