Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

I have a DGX505 keyboard and the display is almost totally

Customer Question
dark and unreadable. I have...
I have a DGX505 keyboard and the display is almost totally dark and unreadable. I have turned up the LCD contrast all the way but it is still unreadable. Is there any way to recover the display? Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
4/18/2016
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I would say that no, probably there is no way for you to make the screen brighter at this point. The backlight, whatever type it is exactly, is probably nearly burnt out, of associated support circuitry has changed qualities so as to severely limit the brightness. (Unless, of course, there is a brightness control you have overlooked? perhaps. If there's only the LCD contrast control, then that's not it.) If your Yamaha keyboard is hard to use, then you will want to have it repaired. (And, if it is within warranty still - how old is it? - then you will be able to have it repaired for free.) If you would like to perhaps contact a Yamaha authorized service center, and ask them for an estimate on how much such a repair would cost you, then please tell me your zip code, and I will look up the nearby service centers that Yamaha has authorized to service this model series.
Russell H., Service Tech