Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

My name is ***** *****. I recently bought a Mark 12R. After

Customer Question
getting it home and playing...
My name is ***** *****. I recently bought a Mark 12R. After getting it home and playing it, I noticed that the sustain pedal does not always work. While playing a song, it would work when pressed sometimes but not others. I plan to stand the unit up on one end and look at it but have not done so yet. The piano has a beautiful wood finish and I've placed it in the lobby of my business. I'm just wondering if the is a common or fixable problem. Thanks ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Since it does work sometimes, I wondered if the pedal switch is adjustable??
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Electronic Musical Instrument Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/16/2016
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Rusty, Music Professional replied 1 year ago
Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Hello, my name is Rusty. There are contacts that are connected when you press on the pedal. Since they are low to the floor, they get very dirty, and that prevents contact. Click here. This is the stuff you use to spray up into the pedal. Press the pedal about 20 times quickly, and spray some more DeoxIT in there and repeat. That will clean the contacts, and restore functionality of the sustain pedal. This is a very common problem, and it's easy to fix with a little patience. A word of caution, your pedals are very dirty. When you spray the lube into the pedal, you may want to lay down a towel to protect your carpet.
Rusty
Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional