Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Key is dead. probably dusty. how do I clean? JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

key is dead. probably dusty. how do I clean?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Instrument Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: D above middle C is dead, but will occasionally work once, then go dead again. B flat also is afflicted.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Instrument Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Instrument Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. What is the model number of your keyboard?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yamaha P200.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.
Ok, no problem. That keyboard has velocity sensitive contact strips where the key hits when you strike a key. Remove all of the screws from the bottom of the keyboard, and the top cover will flip up, and expose the backs of the keys. Hit a key, and notice the contact strip that the key hits. That is the part that needs to be replaced. They are inexpensive, and can be ordered directly from Yamaha. Call(###) ###-#### ***** through Friday, from 7:30AM - 5:00PM Pacific Time (closed 12PM - 1PM).