Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

I am trying to split the keyboard on my Yamaha S80. I want

Customer Question
I am trying to split...
I am trying to split the keyboard on my Yamaha S80. I want one sound on the lower half and another on the upper half. I've read the manual until I am blue in the face. Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want to set several different split keyboards and access them very quickly.
4/6/2016
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. This is how to set up a keyboard split between two voices, each in a range: PERFORMANCE button.EDIT button.Turn A knob to left, back to PART01.1. Turn PAGE knob 1ce to the Right to LYR LIMIT.2. Use B knob to adjust lower part of range.3. Use C knob to adjust upper part of range.Use A knob to select next part (Part02) and repeat steps 1, 2, & 3.Then turn A knob to left until Part01 is displayed. Then turn PAGE knob to left to select MIX Vce.4. Use knob B to select category of voice for the part.5. Use knob C to select a Voice number and choose the voice for this part.Use knob A to select the next part (Part02) and repeat steps 4-5 Whether this will ever be 'quick to use several different ones' is doubtful. It takes a bit of time to set up.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I followed the instructions exactly but when I play there no sound. Speakers are on but no sound. Then I select voice and it defaults back to the whole keyboard as Stereo Grand and there is sound. Three questions: 1) How do I get the sound after setting it up? 2) How do I save it where I can access the setting again? 3) After it is saved, how do I access it again? Thank you for your help.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you understand my additional questions?
I will have to research your questions further... it was late at night when I spelled out the steps to program in a split keyboard with two different voices, and I may have gotten a detail wrong. I will also address your other questions.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I hit the "call me" button I did not realize there was an extra charge. PLEASE DO NOT call me. Just communicate via this media. If that doesn't work then we can talk later.
(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)
Upon further careful (and, fully awake) research:It seems my account was incomplete. Basically I gave you the instructions for setting up the ranges for the split between two voices, but neglected to instruct you as to assigning Voices and Waves... so your split worked, but it had no Voice, so it came out mute or voice-less. And that meant it played silently. I apologize, sincerely. This page seems to put it fully:http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/create-split-voice-s80/ As for assigning this (or any Split configuration with Voice/Wave) to a rapidly recallable configuration... for rapid recall, you may need to store the Split into Quick Access, esp. one of the last 4 slots in a category, that are user configurable. Ideally, when so stored, you would press the Quick Access button, the Quick Access LED would light, and one of the 16 program buttons esp. one of the last 4, would recall the entire configuration.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm sorry but I do not understand. Do you mean that I have to do what is in the Sweetwater article before I do what you sent me last night? I do not understand how to save any of what I am doing. I don't understand what "Element" means. As far as I can tell I don't have any instructions for assigning a Voice/Wave for what I did last night. Please don't send me to another website for instructions. I have gone through all of what Sweetwater has to say and I still don't understand. That is the reason I contacted JustAnswer. Please reply.
(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.) I feel that I have not made progress with this case, and with apologies, I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this case.
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: ,  replied 1 year ago
Phone call session started
Russell H., Service Tech