Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have owned V-Drums TD30 year and half and have never been…

Customer Question
I have owned V-Drums TD30...
I have owned V-Drums TD30 for a year and half and have never been able to keep the hi-hat from mis-triggering. When I play a closed hat it will spit out uncontrolled open hat sounds. This make tracking midi data for session impossible. (which is why I bought these). I've tried different hat stands, different trigger sensitivity settings.Could the cymbals themselves be a bad pair? Thanks, ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
3/8/2016
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Rusty, Music Professional replied 2 years ago
Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional

Hello, my name is Rusty. The symptoms you're describing is either a bad cymbal, or a bad cable. Since the sensitivity settings (gate) isn't fixing the problem, that's exactly what is wrong. First, swap out the cable and see if that fixes the problem. If not, you'll need a new trigger (hat).

You can test this by plugging in one of your cymbals into the hat input on the back of the brain. If the problem is still there, the problem is in the brain. If the problem goes away, you'll need to replace your hat.

Rusty
Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional