How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MusicTech14 Your Own Question
MusicTech14, Technician
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Satisfied Customers: 419
Experience:  20 yrs experience in service & support of music instruments
Type Your Electronic Musical Instruments Question Here...
MusicTech14 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can i change the pitch on my yamaha portable grand

Customer Question

how can i change the pitch on my yamaha portable grand DGX520 to match the key
that normally play a song in (I play by ear so its sometimes hard to sync up with fellow
musicians who read notes and also can;t easily change their chords to mine)....Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MusicTech14 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. What you are looking for is the transpose function. Here are the steps provided by Yamaha.

1. Press the [FUNCTION] button.

2. Press the category [ ^ ] button (located near the [DATA]dial) several times until 'Transpose' appears on the display.

3. Turn the [DATA] dial to the desired transposition.

I hope that answers your question. Have a nice day.

Related Electronic Musical Instruments Questions