Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

How can i change the pitch on my yamaha portable grand

Customer Question
DGX520 to match the key that...
how can i change the pitch on my yamaha portable grand DGX520 to match the key
that normally play a song in (I play by ear so its sometimes hard to sync up with fellow
musicians who read notes and also can;t easily change their chords to mine)....Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
3/6/2016
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: MusicTech14, Technician replied 2 years ago
MusicTech14
MusicTech14, Technician

Hello. What you are looking for is the transpose function. Here are the steps provided by Yamaha.

1. Press the [FUNCTION] button.

2. Press the category [ ^ ] button (located near the [DATA]dial) several times until 'Transpose' appears on the display.

3. Turn the [DATA] dial to the desired transposition.

I hope that answers your question. Have a nice day.