Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

Trying to transfer cassette 4 track tascam mkii through my…

Customer Question
trying to transfer cassette 4...
trying to transfer cassette 4 track tascam mkii through my presonus audiobox in to garage band? How do i go about this? I have connected the rca line output to the audiobox by 1/4" to the main outs and usb to my mac. Opened up garage band and I have no sound out of either the audiobox or the garage band. No signal is found.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/3/2016
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: ITPeter, Electronics Engineer replied 2 years ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer

How exactly is the Tascam connected to the Mac? Are you using a USB hub?

The Tascam requires sufficient power from the USB connection to allow the Mac to see it, so if you are using a USB hub then remove it and connect the Tascam directly to the Mac. Also remove any other unneccessary USB devices from the Mac.

Let me know if that helps?

My macbook and Garageband recognized the AudioBox USB and i have no other USB devices plugged in. This is the route I have taken; From the Line Output( RCA ) to the AudioBox USB Main Out( Left and Right by 1/4" ) and then from the AudioBox USB to the macbook( by USB ). Everything turns on and works on its own. I'm just not getting sound/signal from the Garageband, but Garageband recognizes the AudioBox USB. I can only get sound if I plug straight into the AudioBox, but still no signal from Garageband. And how would I connect the Tascam 424mkII straight to the macbook?
Also I have been told that I need a interface to connect the Tascam 424mkII since it is not digital to the macbook, so I may run Garageband.
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Rusty, Music Professional replied 2 years ago
Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional

Hi, my name is Rusty. I'm just now seeing this question. I'm a sound engineer, do you still need help with this?