Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

Running a dell computer windows 7 with Scarlett solo

Customer Question
running a dell computer...
running a dell computer windows 7 with Scarlett solo interface, but keep getting error message in Audacity when I hit record. The computer recognizes and is powering the Scarlett solo, but can't record in Audacity. What do I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
3/1/2016
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome Ben

Can you tell me please the error message you receive in Audacity?

Thank you

This is for a friend of mine. She said the message said: "Error while opening sound device. Please check the output settings and project sample rate".She's using a del computer with a Focusrite 2i2 interface. Windows 7. She said that when she went to preference and changed the Host to Windows WASAPI it let her record, but she couldn't hear it when she tried to play it back.This is very confusing. I'm a Mac guy and just trying to help her.
I'm in the voice over business and trying to help out some friends trying to do the same thing. I have another friend with another problem, I'll be glad to pay you for this one too.
She's using a Lenovo-Laptop / Intel® Pentium® Processor / 15.6" Display / 4GB Memory-Black-1068AFU. Again hooked to a Scarlett Solo interface driver 2.5.2, but she's running Windows 10. The computer is not recognizing the Scarlett interface???

Ok, I would need a new question for the second one Ben as its site policy

For the initial question, have her use a different USB port on the computer, so unplug and plug into the additional port.

Then restart the computer and tell me if it can then open the device or it still errors please