Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

I have a Yamaha CVP-205 digital piano (circa 2001 or so.)

Customer Question
The problem revolves around a...
I have a Yamaha CVP-205 digital piano (circa 2001 or so.) The problem revolves around a recorded performance. It is not finished and I am adding & editing voices as I go. The song is 141 bars and on bar 39 (between beats 1 & 2) there is a pause of a half second or so on the performance as well as the metronome. All of the voices match the pause. I isolated each voice and I quantized 3 times (with no effect.) I have the manual and this problem is not in the trouble shooting section or in the index under beat, metronome, record or editing. NOTE: I have dozens of saved songs on the keyboard's memory and on floppy discs that do not reflect this most recent problem. Yes....I said I have floppy discs. :) Thank you, Tim
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
2/27/2016
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If not, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've provided. You can always reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll be happy to continue helping.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello, I probably have someone else by now (I waiting so long to get back) but one thing that may be pertinent is that while recording the rhythm tracks, I use say...track 1 for the kick drum and track 2 for the snare, track three for frills, etc. I don't see why this would matter but I do this for more control after while editing.

I would copy the song to a new one, then remove one track at a time to see if it is associated with the track.

Have you tried creating it as a new song and moving the track over?

Sorry... I'm not sure what you mean by "I probably have someone else by now".

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello. What I meant by "I probably have someone else by now" referred to the time it took for me to respond (8 hours or something) Nothing to do with your response. I can't try what you suggested right now, but I will try to move it or copy it as a new song sometime this evening. Thank you, Tim
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Again, sorry for the late response. I just copied from my disc to "User" and I still have the pause. It is not on any one track but in the piece as a whole (even the metronome.) You should also know that I copied the Kick and Snare before anything else and it was only after some editing of the other added tracks that this problem came up.

I'm not sure why it would do this to only one song in light of the testing you have done. I am going to open the question to other Experts to see if they have any ideas.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Alright. Thank you. I will wait for their responses
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello, I am still waiting for a response.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
8:54am on March 2nd was the last response. Around 60 hours ago. Please get back tonight (3-4-16)
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1:43 am on March 5th. No one is there? Please tell me how to get my money back.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2:50pm on March 5th with no response since March 2nd at 8:54am. I assume you have credited my credit card and will be checking it just as soon as I am finished here.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just looked at my credit card account and I see the $5 and $10 charged on March 1st. Since you have simply given up on the problem I am having with no response at all (and encroaching on 72 hours now), consider me an unhappy customer who wants a credit of $15 put back on his card. If you need more information or I have missed something, don't hesitate to get back to me to get this process going. Seriously yours, Tim
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
After 10pm now March 5th. I thought perhaps your responses may have been directed to my spam folder. I just checked it and that was not the case. I see you are available 24/7 so your lack of response is not that you are off on the weekend. It also says that ***** *****nigan has referred this to another expert and that I'd get a response (not perhaps) here within 24 hours. Seeing now that it has been 72+ hours since your last response....in any manner. It is obvious that you are willfully ignoring my case. I also checked my credit card account again and there has been no effort on your part to refund my payment of $15. I am dissatisfied with the lack of results and more for your lack of response. I want a full refund. Sincerely, Tim
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
After 12pm. March 6th. 82+ since a promised response was to be issued. I will check my credit card statement to see if you have issued me a credit for $15. Unlike like you, I will get back to report your compliance or failure to my demand. Sincerely, Tim
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
12:20. I just checked my credit card account and you have not credited it $15. Are you running the clock out so as to not honor your 30 Day money back guarantee? I did notice in my spam email you wanted me to answer 5 questions. I did not do so for fear that this would end our transaction. I also emailed your customer care department to inform them of your lack of response....82+ hours. Sincerely, Tim
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer