How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Hannigan Your Own Question
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Satisfied Customers: 11729
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
Type Your Electronic Musical Instruments Question Here...
Michael Hannigan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Roland V-Grand KR-1070 piano. I have some broken

Customer Question

I have a Roland V-Grand KR-1070 piano. I have some broken keys that need to be replaced. I have seen how to replace the parts, but I can't seem to get access. How do I get access to the keys to be able to replace the broken parts?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

This video briefly describes how you first

1) unscrew all the screws from the bottom, and from the sides.

2) then the back part can be lifted back from the key bases, and the sides of the ranks of keys.

3) and that allows access to the key mechanisms and the key switches.

is the video. The beginning particularly is what you'd need to look at.

Note: That is not a KR series. It's a smaller model by Roland. I suspect it does not match yours at all.

Advice about the KR series, states in brief, take the back off first, carefully.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have viewed this video and it is only a keyboard. The KR-1070 is a full grand piano. The video does not apply to my instrument. The back is 5 ft away from the keyboard. My concern is how to access the keys on this model.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I understand, and I admit I had severe doubts about the quality of my answer.

I simply could not find any better information. The hint I quoted at the end, refers to a KR series full-size piano-style instrument... but it's the most I could definitely find.

Shall I search further, or would you rather wait for a better-informed Expert to be available for this question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need the answer, but what you had found, I had found also.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I doubt I shall find more info on this question, so I have Opted Out, in favor of an Expert who knows the case disassembly procedure for the Roland KR-series or (specifically) KR-1070 grand piano.

(Opting Out does not cut off communication. I will still respond to an further posts of yours to this question, as needed.)

Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the wait. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If not, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've provided. You can always reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll be happy to continue helping.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found out how to get into the keys by myself. Thanks for trying to help. I don't need further assistance.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

OK. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Related Electronic Musical Instruments Questions