Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

I have a Baldwin Pianovelle PS1000 or P51000 (hard to see)

Customer Question
with middle C not working...
I have a Baldwin Pianovelle PS1000 or P51000 (hard to see) with middle C not working. I tried to check for a bad connection at the key, but could not figure out how to get into the keyboard section. After taking all the screws out nothing would move. How do I get into this section?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
2/15/2016
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: MasterFixIt, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Pianovelle PS1000 ?

DId this fail during use or was this juts not working when you wanted to use it one day?

And are all C keys of the same range out? Or just one key?

Thank you

Tech Michael

I don't know the history of the piano. It is in a nursing home. No other keys in the middle C range are out, only a couple in the very high and very low ranges are out.

Thank you for that information.

This is more than likely a bad cable connection if they all failed at the same time, i'm not sure if you knwo this or not lol.

But if they failed one at a time, as I expect, then the keyboard for this one shoudl be replaced complete. Its pretty easy to do with no soldering required;-)

I will help if you are a little handy and have some basic hand tools to do this.

I will research to locate the best place to get the part and I Will be back in touch with you when I have that for you.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Tech Michael

MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service