Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

When I try to use the guitar effects on the tascam DP-32sd,

Customer Question
I always get the "Error...
When I try to use the guitar effects on the tascam DP-32sd, I always get the "Error! Not Available...' message no matter what I try on play back. Even if I turn off all other effects. What is the answer?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
2/13/2016
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

Actually, nevermind. This is clearly a rip off, or you'd give me the answer first, so I could see if it is correct. I'll not start any 'free trail' without knowing that you know what you're talking about. Good bye.

What?

You have to insert the effect into the track. You haven't mentioned what you did to try to do this at all. So I have to start from the basics.

Press the EFFECT button to open the GUITAR EFFECT/SEND EFFECT screen (the last
displayed effect appears).
If the SEND EFFECT screen is open, press the F1 (GUITAR) button to open the GUITAR EFFECT screen.
If there is any effect already inserted on a track, the SELECT button lights and the track number appears in the upper right corner of the screen.
If no effect has been inserted, the SELECT button is unlit, and TRACK -- appears in the upper right corner of the screen.
Press the SELECT button of a track to insert the effect on it.
You can also align the cursor with INSERT EFFECT on the Mixer screen and use the JOG/DATA dial to turn the effect on/off.

If it fails at any step in that process, I will need to know exactly what step. If you are doing something different, I'll need a lot more detail to be able to help you.

I hope you are enjoying your free trial. I'm answering your question on my own personal time.

These are the instructions from the manual, and It Does Not Work. As soon as I press Select for any track, the error message appears. Or if I try to do Insert from the Mixer Screen, the same thing happens, the 'Not Available....' error message. I've tried both of these repeatedly, long before trying your service. You have offered nothing new. Thanks for trying, or at least, reading the manual back to me.

You're welcome. As I said, I have no way of knowing what you've tried already since you haven't told me. One of us has to go over the steps you've already done - since it wasn't you, it had to be me. I would suggest reloading the firmware:

http://bitli.es/dqRMEy

I figured it out, by turning off the Dynamics on all the inputs A - H. Firmware reload not neessary.