Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I have a Korg Triton Pro X I plugged in a non Korg foot

Customer Question

I have a Korg Triton Pro X I plugged in a non Korg foot pedal and it is working opposite, when I don't touch the sustain it sustains and when I press down the pedal
It is staccato
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** is the model of the pedal you are using?

We're dealing with either polarity, or mechanics of the pedal. If the wires are backwards, it could cause it to react oppositely. If the pedal is not for sustain, it could have a different mechanical build.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Yamaha
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Is there a model number on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FC4A
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get it?
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Yes, please stand by a minute.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, that's definitely a sustain, but how it's built is not quite clear... When you step on the pedal, it closes the contacts, activating the sustain in the piano. You can try cutting the jack and reversing the two wires. This will work depending on how the insides are wired up.

Korg is built a bit different than Yamaha, and they are always throwing surprises. I would recommend using a Korg pedal with a Korg keyboard. Yamaha and Roland are interchangeable, but Korg is unpredictable.