Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

I have a Yamaha PSR 630 keyboard,the middle G key stays

Customer Question
down.May need a tune up...
I have a Yamaha PSR 630 keyboard,the middle G key stays down.May need a tune up too.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
1/28/2016
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Rusty, Music Professional replied 1 year ago
Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional

Hello, my name is Rusty. Sorry for the delay I'm on the West Coast, US, I can help you. You can fix this at home with my help. The key sticking down is caused by a broken key. Remove all of the screws from the bottom of the piano, and the top will flip up. Click here to see an open piano and key replacement on Yamaha pianos. Once you replace the key, the problem will be fixed. You can order a new key from Yamaha, call(###) ###-#### ***** through Friday, from 7:30AM - 5:00PM Pacific Time (closed 12PM - 1PM).

Since the piano is digital, it cannot be "tuned up", but it can collect dust causing some notes to sound a bit weak. Blow out the dust with compressed air. Hold the can about 2 feet from the electronics so you don't damage the keyboard. Blow out in between the keys as well to restore the feel.

If some notes are out of tune, you'll notice each wire from each key has a resistor at the end at the tone generator. Those are responsible for the pitch of each note. If one or two keys are out, those resistors need to be replaced.

Rusty
Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional