Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Can you tell me what the app. value of this piano is? Is

Customer Question

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/msg/5406127971.html
Can you tell me what the app. value of this piano is?
Is this a good piano manufacturer?
Where could I get it serviced, refinished, etc?
Mechelle /***@******.***
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If it's in very good condition, it might be worth $400.

If it is not in very good condition, if it's not really working, etc., then it isn't worth $250.

So this one might be worth its asking price on that web page. But, it isn't worth servicing and refinishing if you just wanted to do that to re-sell it. Refinishing it would cost very much more than you could get from it by resale afterwards, period.

As for who could do servicing or refinishing for you, since those are two different services, and since it depends on where you are... please tell me what your local zip code is, and I will finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you understand this was a Player Piano?
Does it matter if the pump pedals don't fold up into the piano?
My zip code: 97008
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I did catch that detail. Player piano inner workings are different and distinctive... that's why I said (or implied at least) that refurbishing would be a different servicer from refinishing (the exterior surface, essentially, or 'cabinet'), because refurb. of player pianos is such a specialty trade.

If the pump pedals don't fold up, and if they are supposed to do so in this model, then that's a defect, decidedly, and reduces the value by at least $50 to $100 I would guess.