How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Russell H. Your Own Question
Russell H.
Russell H., Service Tech
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Satisfied Customers: 11073
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
Type Your Electronic Musical Instruments Question Here...
Russell H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Hammond organ Model M, it's a spinnet organ (both

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I have a Hammond organ Model M, it's a spinnet organ (both sets of keys are a few short so the lowers are offset an octave left and the uppers offset to the right. The spinnet takes up less space and the shortened boards offer more space for your cocktail on either the right or left. The problem is my lowest B key on the uppers, if it is played once it never decays.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure, let me know more specifically
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Electronic Musical Instruments Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure, no rush, if i have to go I will leave contact info, but I am tight for now
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That sounds like a problem with the key mechanism sticking, for that one key. Or the keyswitch under that one key needs replacing, for sticky contacts or a similar problem.

Compressed air blown into a keyboard where and around where there is a problem key, can sometimes cure the problem; It's worth a try anyway.

After that is the question of whether you would wish to undertake repairing/replacing that key, or the keyswitch mechanism under it, yourself, or would prefer to hire a keyboard repair professional in your region to do the repair.