Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a digital yamaha piano ive had 10 years. the keys are

Customer Question

I have a digital yamaha piano ive had for over 10 years. the keys are 'clicking' at times pretty bad, can it be repaired?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The simple answer is, yes, keys with defects can be repaired. But, availability of parts may vary, depending upon the exact model of Yamaha piano you have. What model is it?

Also, is the clicking limited to specific keys, or is it general and all over the keyboard?

If parts turn out not to be available for the keys and keyswitches of your particular model, then Yamaha's authorized service centers may be able to help you instead. Where, roughly, are you located? your zip code would be fine, as an indicator of locale.... I will use your zip code to locate nearby Yamaha Authorized service locations that could help you with your specific model of Yamaha piano.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

(Also, do the keys click on the downstroke, as the tone sounds (at the bottom of the stroke of the keys), or on the key release or upstroke?)