Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a studiologic cmk137 keyboard contoller midi into

Customer Question

i have a studiologic cmk137 keyboard contoller midi into roland xp60 my pitch wheel on the roland xp60 works but i can't get the mod wheel on the studiologic to act as pitch wheel
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont know if problem is with cmk137 or rx settings on xp60
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I suspect that the problem is quite simply that the modulation wheel is supposed to act as a modulation wheel, not a pitch wheel. Therefore, even if signals from it are getting through the MIDI interface, they are getting through as modulation control signals.

The CMK-149 has both pitch and modulation wheels, but yours apparently only has the modulation wheel.

Try setting the XP60 to something like

SOURCE: CC01: MODULATION

so that it will pay attention to modulation signals on the MIDI input. That's how I've seen a Roland set up to pay attention to the "Continuous Controller 1" i.e. Modulation Wheel.