Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

I have a rts case, -3 hammond organ. The foot pedals are

Customer Question
I have a rts case...
I have a rts case, b-3 hammond organ. The foot pedals are messed up and keeps making noise as if im pressing on a note.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
11/27/2015
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the sound of a pressed note continuous?

Do any of the keys 'sag' down into their places?

I suspect that, if there is not actually a stuck keyswitch for one of the notes, there may be some electronic or electric problems in the works.

To properly diagnose it, though, we need to know whether it is an 'original' B3 Hammond, or a later make with a different internal composition. The original Hammond had a tonewheel tone generator, the recent ones are of course less bulky and purely electronic, pretty much.

Can it still play notes?

What exactly is wrong with the pedals?

And, where are you located? obviously you will most likely need a recommendation to a local organ repair specialist.

It is an original b-3 However the foot pedals just one of the notes keeps playing and I have to shake the pedals by picking up the left side

Is the note that is playing, a continuous tone?

Can other notes be played using the keyboard?

Russell H., Service Tech