ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years' experience in installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have the Pearl throne thumper acoustic kick drum with a

Customer Question

Hello, I have the Pearl throne thumper for my acoustic kick drum with a dynamic microphone. http://pearldrum.com/products/kits/electronic-drumsets/throne-thumper/
With this device the instruction states to plug the kick drum mic into the mixer channel and plug the 1/4 mono instrument cable from the kick drum channel send and run it to the input of the Throne Thumper amplifier.
here is my question I have tried a number of sends on the Presonus 32 ch studio live mixer which I have but I cant seem to get the thumper working. When I use the insert port on the kick channel at the presonus the thumper workd but it seems to terminate the sound of the kick drum microphone to the FOH PA system. What send should I be using to route my kick drum signal via microphone from the presonus mixer to my thumper amplifier?
Thanks
Ray XXX
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ray,

have you tested the 1/4" cable or tried exchanging it with another known working cable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried many cables. The presonus mixer has many aux sends I just can't find which one works for my application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The thumper does work when you plug the cable into the kick channel "insert" port but doing that seems to stop the kick microphone feed from going out to the main out front of house PA.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

Have you tested the thumper with any other mixer?