Electronic Musical Instruments

Ask an Electronic Musical Instruments Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Electronic Musical Instruments

I have a Roland Classic 380 organ. Three questions: (1) How

Customer Question
I have a Roland Classic...
I have a Roland Classic 380 organ. Three questions:
(1) How do i know when i have reached the capacity of the USB memory chip?
(2) How do I transfer my present USB memory chip to another chip for back-up purposes? If possible, please refer me to the correct page in my Roland Owner's Manual
(3) To use the external speaker connections beneath the keyboards, do I need an additional amplifier?
Is it possible to purchase an additional set of Roland satellite speakers with these outlets?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
8/21/2015
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
1: it helps if you have a computer. Connect, or plug in, the USB chip to your computer's USB port (or, memory card reader) and see how much Used Space and Free Space it has on it. That's the surest and easiest method.
(The manual seems to indicate that a 'Media Full' message is the only way to tell when the USB memory is full. No other indicators are mentioned.)
2: again, that is best done using a computer! copy the USB chip's contents and files to a folder made for the purpose on the computer, then copy that to a different chip as a back-up copy.
If you do not have a computer, see the manual, for the C380:
page 60 f Saving And Loading Settings On USB Memory
esp. the parts about saving to USB memory, and loading from USB into Internal memory. The best you could do without a computer would be to load from old USB chip to internal memory, then save to new USB chip, then load another from old USB chip, then save to new USB chip, and so forth, rather laboriously, for each track/file/song/etc.
3: page 73 of the manual goes into details on the connection of external speakers. What it says, summarized, is that you would need amplified speakers - with their own volume control. That means yes, you need not just plain speakers, but an amplifier capability there also.
Russell H., Service Tech