MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.
11519491

I have a Roland e-12 that will not power up using the power

Customer Question

I have a Roland e-12 that will not power up using the power adapter. Does make a slight static sound if I wiggle the dc in connector.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.

Please be patient as these are technical questions that may require a bit of conversation to solve. Also remember to be detailed in your description of the problem. That will help me make a diagnosis quickly for you.

Hi this sounds like the power adapter is still ok. But you would need a meter to be sure, or you could take it to Radio Shack or just about any hardware store and have them check the output for you.

If they say its bad, Radio Shack has replacements for this Also if you have Best Buy they may also have one. If that isn't an option local to you we Can supply you where to order a new power cube;-)

But please keep in mind this may be something internal to the keyboard that we can work on if need be or I can tell you the best place for repair if needed as well.

Since this will take a short while to be sure if that fies this, please rate my service to you kindly at this time. That will eliminate to possibility of your question timing out or closing unexpectedly;-)

Then you can contact me anytime on this to go further if needed there is no cost to rate.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I checked the adapter itself and it works fine with my other keyboards. What do I check next?

Hi thank you for checking that.

This means you have an additional problem. If you would like to discuss this on the phone it would be much quicker to solve this issue for you. I will send you an offer, if you accept that I will call you at your convenience.

Thanks

Tech Michael

Or if you don't want that we can just work on here like this.

Thanks

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I prefer working on it here

Hi Thats fine,

How much electronics experience do you have?

ALso do you have a mete for checking a few things?

Thanks

Tech Michael