Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We have a Kurzwell digital piano/keyboard. Recently when it

Customer Question

We have a Kurzwell digital piano/keyboard. Recently when it is on the grand piano option, it no longer sounds like a grand piano. The notes still play just in a higher version. It is difficult for my daughter to practise piano because the sounds is very different. Can this be fixed?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Yes, that can be fixed.

But, it depends upon what exact model your Kurzweil is. Various models are fixed in various ways.

And, most likely, you will have to hire out the repair to a specialist in your model of Kurzweil. If you are correct and if it is a digital piano then it would probably need a chip replaced, at minimum. This is not a repair that you could do yourself, I doubt.

So please tell me what your region (by zip code or town/city and state) is, and I will research and recommend to you the nearby service-repair co.s that could help you.

(Also please Reply To Expert, telling me the exact model of your Kurzweil piano. Thanks.)