Electronic Musical Instruments

Electronic musical instrument questions? Ask a technician ASAP

Rusty - I just recently purchased a pair of PM3500's. One…

Customer Question
Hi Rusty - I just...
Hi Rusty - I just recently purchased a pair of PM3500's. One is the FOH version and the other is the PM3500M. I have been able to successfully store and recall scene information on the FOH version, but the monitor version will not recall anything. I have switched the master modules on the boards and the FOH version continues to work, and the M does not. In fact the scene info that I stored while the module was in the M console was still there and recalled when I installed that module on the FOH console. What am I missing?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
6/15/2015
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: ITPeter, Electronics Engineer replied 3 years ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer
Hi there,
Rusty is currently offline.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your mixer question.
When scenes are being recalled via time code, there are situations in which (depending on the content of the scene) recall is not possible if recall is specified at an interval shorter than three frames, even if scene recall is occurring no more frequently than five scenes within three seconds. Try increasing the recall interval slightly and let me know if that helps.
Pete - Thank you for your response. The scene recall on the PM3500 is basically a mute recall function. It's basically limited to channel on/off and some other basic data. There is no time code involved. It seems to be storing information on the module but not recalling it back to the desk. I was hoping it was a mode setting or something that I had missed.
Ok, can you check that the Mute Safe switch is not turned on.
It is not on.
Ok, let me see if the other experts have any further ideas...
Electronic Musical Instrument Expert: Rusty, Music Professional replied 3 years ago
Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Hi, sorry for the delay, I was on a large show this weekend. When they don't respond to recall, check your midi settings to make sure your local control is set to on. It's likely it was connected to a midi device as a slave, which won't let you recall unless it's recalled from the midi device. Setting local to on will correct the problem. Performing a factory reset will also clear that problem up.
Rusty - sorry for my delay as well. We had a couple of shows out of town and just returned home. I've gone through all settings and confirmed that the console is set correctly. I've still been unable to get it to recall.