Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

How to wire a toveenen one way remote switch model number…

Customer Question
How to wire a toveenen...
How to wire a toveenen one way remote switch model number RS120A
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Electrical
5/31/2018
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 2 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Are you installing an X10 type switch?

Installing the remote to a waterfall pump
Not sure what an x10 type switch is

Most remote switches need a Line, Load & Neutral. The control for the remote only needs a Line and neutral. The terminations should be marked on the device.

X10 is the original remote switch. Later mfgs such as Leviton call theirs DHC.

The remote is wireless

What is the mfg and model number?

The switch is a transmitter to battery relay from what I see or is it the receiver with a remote hand switch?

Wireless battery remote switch

Are the batteries in the switch or in a remote?

Remote

OK, the hot wire to the pump will have the Line and Load on it, it having 2 terminations. If there are 3 terminations you need a Line, Load & Neutral

Color code for screws is

Line..black

Load..gold

Neutral..silver.

The screws are all silver

Is there info on the back of the switch? How many screws?

4
I sent pic

No pictures.

Never mind

Very good. I'll opt out.

Electrician: Leamon Rollo, Electrician replied 2 months ago
Leamon Rollo
Leamon Rollo, Electrician

Good evening, My name is***** apologize for any delays you have had in receiving assistance with this issue. I would like to see if I can help you. I have looked at your pictures. I assume at this point you have a cord running from your outlet to your pump and you plug it in and unplug it to make it work. The receiver is the piece that has the L1 output, N Output, N Input and L Input. Unplug your pump from the outlet. Cut the cord in two where you want the receiver to be, strip back the wires, tie the white from the cord to the pump under N output screw, the black from the pump to the L1 output screw, the remaining cord with the male cord end on it tie the black to L input and tie the white to N input. The 2 grounds if there are 2 twist together with a wirenut unless the receiver has a green screw then tie both green wires under that green screw. Put batteries in the transmitter and it should work.

Message me back if you need more assistance or just to let me know it worked for you. Thank you.

Thank you Leamon. Will do.