Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

We have to replace allready my circuit breakers box and we…

Customer Question
We have to replace allready...
We have to replace allready my circuit breakers box and we instal de regular breakers but the inspector said we need to replace the breaker for type arc fault circuit interrupter it is true or no it is by new code.Thank you
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Electrical
5/29/2018
Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 24 days ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello, if a remodel of an electrical system takes place, such as the replacement of a circuit breaker panel, it must be brought up to current electrical codes. The current electrical codes require AFCI type protection for all 120-volt, single-phase, 15- and 20-ampe branch circuits supplying outlets or devices installed in dwelling unit kitchens, family rooms, dining rooms, living rooms, parlors, libraries, dens, bedrooms, sunrooms, recreation rooms, closets, hallways, laundry areas, or similar rooms or areas

Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 23 days ago

If that answers your question satisfactorily, please rate my answer from 3 to 5 stars so I can get credit for answering with Just Answer