Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

My ceiling fan is being replaced but we can get the old one…

Customer Question
My ceiling fan is...

My ceiling fan is being replaced but we can get the old one off the ceiling. Light assembly came off fine but hex nut stuck to remove next part.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We are. Have new fan purchased and handyman to help install.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Harbor breeze fan,

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Electrical
5/2/2018
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 24 days ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Sure, you need a picture?

The he bolt only holds the stem and doesn't have anything to do with removing the fan. You need to open the canopy and lift the stem ball through the bracket to remove the fan. All stem fans are attached in the bracket.

If the fan is a ceiling hugger, remove the blades, drop the motor cover and you'll see the screws holding it to the ceiling.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ok, we won't be looking at this until tomorrow. I'll give it a try and get back to you..... stay tuned.

Very good.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician