Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

We are trying to remove a limiter from our ceiling fan light…

Customer Question
Jason, we are trying...

Jason, we are trying to remove a limiter from our ceiling fan light kit because it is causing our lights to flicker. There are 2 gray wires and one purple, one red and one brown wire going in to the limiter. Which ones do we wire together and which oones do we disregard

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Ling time. Three fixtures. All doing same 5hing. All on seperate breakers. Pretty sure limiter is problem

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We are doing it right now. Just trying to find a quick answer.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can you give immediate help?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Electrical
4/1/2018
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 3 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

The limiter need to remain. To remove them voids the UL listing and if they are causing the flickering it is because the wattage of the lamps exceeds mfg recommend lamp size. Another cause could be a bad connection on the circuit which is arcing. If lamps are sized right, check for a bad connection.