Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I need to turn a electric motor from ccw to cw. No on the…

Customer Question
I need to turn...

I need to turn a electric motor from ccw to cw

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

No on the electrician

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have done this before but cannot read the motor plate

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can read the numbers but no schematic

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Electrical
3/30/2018
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 3 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

It depends on the identification of the motor wire leads. If numbered, swap the #5 & #8 connections. If colored swap the black and red connections.

thank you i think that will do it
thanks there is a 5 and an 8

Very good, you're welcome.

what is the difference wiring for 115 and 230?
I do have it running the right direction and it is working both voltages it does start really slow with 115 so i don't think that is right
I am leaving for the day but i will be back in a few hours
thank you

The connection determine if it 120 or 240V. Is there a wiring diagram on the motor?

I think it is set up for 240 but no wiring diagram on the motor ????? hmmm

Give me the count and identifying numbers on the leafs. I'll need to check wiring details to give you a good answer.

What voltage do you intend to use?

Standing by for the info asked for.