Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Jordan again. I'm installing 3 240 volt outdoor flood lights…

Customer Question
Hello Mike, Jordan again. I'm...
Hello Mike, Jordan again. I'm installing 3 240 volt outdoor flood lights on my shop. They do not have a photo control on them to switch on at night. Do they make a 240 volt sensor or could I tie a 120 volt sensor into either the lead or the common?
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Electrical
3/30/2018
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 26 days ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

You can put a 120V photo cell on one leg if you have a neutral or a 240V photo cell on both legs, but you'll still need a neutral.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I'd have to run a 3rd wire back to neutral if I used a 120 volt on a single leg. Ok, Thank you.

Anytime, you're welcome.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician