Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I talk to the city where I live that’s them if I could put a…

I talk to the city...
I talk to the city where I live that’s them if I could put a room in my garage and they said yes. What should I expect to pay to have a set of plans drawn up.It’s approximately 10 x 16 no plumbing and a little bit all electrical work for receptacles and switch leg for the light
3/28/2018
Rick
Rick, Electrical Technician

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

A designer would charge $4-500 maybe less depending on where you live. An architect would charge much more but you don't need an architect for a small project like this.

Thanks
How do I find a designer who would do this for me

You're welcome. Search for "Remodeling designers" or "residential designers" or try a referral service like Angie's List or HomeAdvisor.com.

Rick
Rick, Electrical Technician
Thank you

My pleasure

I have another question as far as electrical goes where I’m going to put the room there is electrical outlet for the garage door opener which will be taken down. Do I have to put a new breaker in the panel which is on the outside wall of the garage or can I use that electrical connection And run some Romax down the wall for three receptacles and a switch leg for a light that I will put up in the ceiling

Please post a new question in the electrical category