Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

My lite switch in my bath rm.runs the plug in the wall for…

Customer Question
My lite switch in...

My lite switch in my bath rm.runs the plug in the wall for hair dryer etc. But when u turn switch off on wall the plug wont work, works just with lite on., why is that?? I need it to work with the lite off.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just found out, inspector said it wouldnt pass inspection if it didn't work. I live in iowa an im section8 an found little house but has to be inspected to pass for section 8.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Don't know if i can?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Why does the switch on wall not let the plug in work with lite switch off, but will work when switch is turnned on?????

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Electrical
3/27/2018
Electrician: David Bowden, Electrician replied 2 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, Electrician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Most likely the wire on the outlet is switch controlled and not continuous power. The way to solve that is to make the outlet on 24hrs. You should be able to locate the "power" wire and rewire both the switch and outlet correctly. That way the switch will work the light and the outlet will always have power.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

Electrician: David Bowden, Electrician replied 1 month ago

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on March 27, 2018 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Electrician: David Bowden, Electrician replied 28 days ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Electrician: David Bowden, Electrician replied 17 days ago

Thank you,

Dave

Electrician: David Bowden, Electrician replied 7 days ago