Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I would like to install a duplex Outlet behind a wall

Hello, I would like to...
Hello, I would like to install a duplex Outlet behind a wall mounted TV set. There is already an outlet about 4 ft below where the TV is, and it will be a straight run between that outlet and the one I am having installed which will be concealed by the TV set. I am tired of the wires being exposed and hanging down the wall. I know the walls are Hollow with no insulation so it should be a straightforward job. What roughly will be the cost of The job including the Wire, the duplex box, the outlet, and the labor to install. I live in New Jersey.
3/26/2018
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

Please be patient as it takes time to type and provide links. Also note that the website may be sending you a telephone offer, the offer is not originating from me.

1) I would budget approximately $250 for the project. Most electricians will charge you 1 hour of labor for the service call. Hourly labor rate is somewhat high in Jersey, probably around $100 per hour. Will probably take another hour or so to complete the project. And the other $50 for materials or miscellaneous labor time.

2) If you can obtain a firm bid price rather than a service call, the price may be a little less.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Does that help to answer your question?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you for your reply. That is more or less what I was figuring, but does your estimate include patching repairs to the sheetrock if they need to make holes?

1) Depends upon the quantity of holes required. Should be minimal holes to fish the cable. Possibly an additional $50 to cover drywall patching.

Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thanks much.

No problem, glad to assist.

Thank you for the positive service rating............much appreciated!

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Take care and have a great day............Thanks again............Kevin:)

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor