Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Reading a conversation with someone else. Trying to replace…

Customer Question
Hi. Reading...

Hi. Reading a conversation with someone else. Trying to replace older switches with Lutron CL digital dimmer with two other Lutron slave switches. I have two switches that have three wires (1 red and two black) the four way switch has two red and two black. When I turn on the power, lights don't work.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just tonight.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I've taken the switches out and replaced... hence the reason for no lights :)

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What would you like to know?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Electrical
3/26/2018
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 3 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.