Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Need help right now. About 15 minutes. Tried to replace a…

Need help right now ...

Need help right now

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 15 minutes. Tried to replace a faulty outlet and it blew my breaker and it shorted out a power strip in another room. I need help connecting the wires are right way.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I am I need to get somebody on the phone to walk me through it please

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That’s it. Do you have somebody come get on the phone with me now?

3/26/2018
David Bowden
David Bowden, Electrician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Do you have a voltage tester? Can you upload a photo showing the wires in the outlet box.

David Bowden
David Bowden, Electrician
Phone call session started

Based on our conversation you will need to have a service tech diagnose and repair the short. Hopefully it will be a simple and inexpensive repair.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave