Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a single pole switch on where the power source goes…

I have a single...

I have a single pole switch on where the power source goes to the light first. It works. When I replace the switch with a dimmer switch, the light won't come on at all

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

30 minute

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

'yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its an old house

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician
Hello, what kind of light is it? LED, flurescsnt, incandescent? Also what is the brand and model of the dimmer?
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
the test light is incandescent. the switch is a Lutron Skylark Contour. the test flip switch that works is also a lutron
Phone call session started
Sam I
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician