Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I currently have a 110 30amp plug next the transformer. I…

I currently have a...

I currently have a 110 30amp plug next the transformer. I have an RV I run a power cord to from that plug. I have trenched 170ft up to the RV. What size wire do I need to move that plug box to my RV

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For a while---- I got an estimate of $700 to more the box-- just think that's a little hign

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes--- If the materials are a descent price then yes--- if the wire and conduit are say 300 - 400 $ no---

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That s it

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello, I can help you with that. Please stand by while I calculate the wire size

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok

just a quick question, is this an RV plug with a 30 amp and a regular 20 amp receptacle in it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
30 amp
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is the normal 3 prong 110 RV park plug

ok. You will want to use #4 copper wire or #2 aluminum for the hot and neutral and ground wires.

Is this RV plug coming directly from the transformer with no breaker panel or fuse box in between the transformer and RV plug?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you I may call at a later date --- in the middle of honey do's heading to the property in a few weeks

ok, you can always come back here to this page for a follow up question about it anytime. If that answers your question satisfactorily for today, please don't forget to rate my answer from 3 to 5 stars so I can get credit for answering with Just Answer

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I an very satisfied

glad to hear it

Sam I
Sam I, Electrician
Sam I
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician