Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have two AR ceiling fans in adjacent rooms. I need to

Customer Question
I have two AR ceiling...
I have two AR ceiling fans in adjacent rooms. I need to change the remote frequency on one of fans. I can see on the remote where to change the dip switch; however, after opening receiver from within the canopy, I do not see where the dip switch is located.
Can you help me?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Electrical
3/24/2018
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 2 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

Please be patient as it takes time to type and provide links. Also note that the website may be sending you a telephone offer, the offer is not originating from me.

1) Please provide me with the manufacturer name and model number of the fan?

2) Did you slide the receiver out from the ceiling canopy cover but not disconnecting the wires. The DIP switches are normally located on the top or at the bottom of the receiver.

The fan are mfg'd by Allen Roth...I do not have the model #...I have the receiver out of the canopy...there are no dip switches on the outside of the receiver...I opened the receiver case and do not see any dip switches within the receiver.

Thanks for the replies.

1) DIP switch settings are located directly at the receiver. The receiver is either located under the ceiling canopy cover plate or inside the fan motor housing on some models. Look at the exterior/top of the fan or the handheld transmitter, there should be a model number. Do you have user guide or installation instruction sheet?

I do not have a user guide or an installation instruction sheet.

OK, without knowing the model number, I will opt out of the question. Perhaps another expert can better assist you.

No need to reply back to me. You will be notified once another expert picks up the question.

Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 2 months ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello, if you look on top of the fan motor housing you may be able to see a sticker there with the model number of the fan. Check it out and let me know. Also if you could upload another picture of the receiver with the housing in place that would be helpful - let me see all sides.

I found the installation guide. It addresses the issue of needing to to change the dip switch on one of two fans. Apparently, the receiver can learn the new frequency. It says to re-power the motor and then, within 30 seconds, push & hold the light button on the remote. I will try this procedure and see if that solves my problem.

ok good

Mike, Master Electrician