Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have no electricity in two rooms but electric heat is

Customer Question
I have no electricity...

I have no electricity in two rooms but electric heat is working replaced breakers pencils test show electric

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

The system is 20 years old on I have not consulted an electrician yet

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electrical
3/20/2018
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 4 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

You need to use a 2 wire voltage tester to troubleshoot the problem. Do you have one?

No

Well working blind the only thing I can suggest is to plug a vacuum cleaner in the on position into a dead outlet. It will act as an audible alert. Next, go to all dead and live outlets, insert a plug from something and wiggle it slightly side to side. What that does is in most cases cause a wire not making a good connection to make which will make the vacuum sound off. That will be the outlet needing attention.