Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

What # copper cable to use for a400 amp service. Not. I'm…

Customer Question
What # copper cable...

What # copper cable to use for a400 amp service

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Not long

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm sorry I've all my own electrical work for years

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

Putting in a new system

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have a370 amp meter base with dual lugs on the Borland going to two 200 amp boxes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electrical
3/20/2018
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 4 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

Please be patient as it takes time to type and provide links. Also note that the website may be sending you a telephone offer, the offer is not originating from me.

1) A 400 amp service requires either 400 kcm copper or 600 kcm aluminum conductors.

2) See table shown below:

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Does that help to answer your question?