Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I am installing some emt and want to be sure it is right. I…

Customer Question
I am installing some...

I am installing some emt and want to be sure it is right. I am running 10 Thhn. Do I need insulating bushings where it enters a box?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

About 10 minutes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Am I chatting with a robot?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electrical
3/20/2018
Electrician: Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor replied 4 months ago
Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience: 31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC Technician License

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

Please be patient as it takes time to type and provide links. Also note that the website may be sending you a telephone offer, the offer is not originating from me.

1) Insulating bushings are only required for conductors 4 AWG or larger. Per NEC Article 300.4(G)

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Does that help to answer your question?