Kevin
Kevin, Licensed Electrical Contractor
Experience:  31 years Licensed Electrical Contractor in Illinois, Adjunct College Electrical Instructor, Former Electrical Inspector, Diploma: Digital Electronics, FCC General Class License
71008832

I am installing some emt and want to be sure it is right. I

Customer Question

I am installing some emt and want to be sure it is right. I am running 10 Thhn. Do I need insulating bushings where it enters a box?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: About 10 minutes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Am I chatting with a robot?
Category: Electrical
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

Please be patient as it takes time to type and provide links. Also note that the website may be sending you a telephone offer, the offer is not originating from me.

1) Insulating bushings are only required for conductors 4 AWG or larger. Per NEC Article 300.4(G)

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

Does that help to answer your question?