Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

Installing new circuit to work shop. hot ground reverse is…

Customer Question
Installing new circuit to...

Installing new circuit to work shop. hot ground reverse is on the test plug. no power will work. not sure what to do. new load box with 60 amp breaker and a 15 amp breaker for one of the circuits.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just now, new circuit to my work shop today.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have installed a number 8 wire underground to the shop 25 feet, and a new 100 amp box with capability of 6 circuits. I have a double siemens 60 amp breaker installed and li hae 5 outlets hooked up. test shows hot ground reverse, and I cant run any power equioment.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electrical
3/19/2018
Electrician: George Smith, Master Electrician replied 4 months ago
George Smith
George Smith, Master Electrician
Hi this is George let me help! Do you have a multimeter?
You need to check starting with your first receptacle! Got to neutral and see is you have power! Hot and ground revered is usually an open neutral!

Test for voltage from Hot to the neutral!

Electrician: George Smith, Master Electrician replied 3 months ago

Did you solve your issue?