Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I installed a three way for my using a master and companion.

Customer Question
Hello I installed...

Hello I installed a three way for my hall using a master and companion. The lights come on and turn off instantly. I returned the first switches and it is happening again,

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For the past two days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I talked with an electrician at Home Depot and he said it was happening on the display model in the store. I saw it myself

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have tried different configurations for the wiring but nothing helps

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the system in question? And have you consulted an electrician yet?

By the way I also installed another combination set on another hall way in my house and it works perfectly. The only electriciain I talked to was at Home Depo --the only electrician in the store

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electrical
3/19/2018
Electrician: Sam I, Electrician replied 4 months ago
Sam I
Sam I, Electrician

Hello, can you take a picture of the wiring at each switch box and upload them here? If there are multiple switches in the same box take them out and hang them down to take the picture so I can see all the wiring in the box clearly. Also I need the brand and model of the master and companion switches