Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I purchased my second DZPA1 plug-in appliance module for my…

Customer Question
I purchased my second...

I purchased my second DZPA1 plug-in appliance module for my Z-Wave system. On the first one the "programming button" also acts as a manual switch. On the new one, it programs and operates fine with the Z-Wave system, but there is no manual function with pressing that button, Am I missing something?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I bought it Saturday and installed it yesterday.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I've done the entire Z-Wave system myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Other than that I'm a bit more than an amateur.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electrical
3/19/2018
Electrician: Mike G., Master Electrician replied 4 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Master Electrician

Hi, I'm Mike and I'll be assisting you. Please stand by while I review your question.

Sure.

I suggest cancelling the program to start over again.

1. Unplug the load leaving the unit plugged in.
  2. Push and hold button for 7 seconds, it should turn Amber.
  3. Push and hold button again for 7 seconds to clear program.
  4. Plug in the load in the on position and reset the program.
I'll try it this evening and see whether that works.
Thanks!

Very good, let me know the results.