Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I have a lamp that has a lightbulb that has a 3 way socket…

Customer Question
I have a lamp...

I have a lamp that has a lightbulb that has a 3 way socket that operates a night light on the bottom and a light bulb at the top and I need a new switch socket

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

So far most of the day today but the light bulb went out last week and thought it was the bulb because the night light was still working

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we can find the socket that it holds a light bulb under the lamp shade and wires a 15 volt bulb in the bottom as a night light

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We took the lamp and the socket to Lowes who told my husband that it took a 3 wire lamp switch and they did not carry them

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Electrical
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
Electrician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 4 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, an expert advisory company. My name is ***** ***** I am here to help you with your inquiry today… my goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible and instill your confidence in us with a 5 star rating…..….since I am not there it can be that much more daunting a task….. so I will need your to help with any information that I may ask and that you can provide…. I do need this for a more complete picture in trying to resolving your issue ..…… uploading pictures will help so I may request them….…I ask for your patience and together I am confident we can get this done…….you will be getting an automated phone message request, you can accept if it is more comfortable for you or disregard it for now…….. I am going to review what you have given me so far........I will need more information........

----The make and model of the lamp...........and how old?

----how many switches are on the lamp itself?

----and a few photos please

How to send a photo or file instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Thanks

eddie

Please keep in mind I have nothing to do with billing ……….customer service would accommodate you on that…….I can only receive any kind of monetary credit from an acceptance of my answer by you with a positive rating