Electrical

Electrical Questions? Ask an Electrician Online.

I am changing my light switch from beige to. The box I'm…

I am changing my...

I am changing my light switch from beige to white. The box I'm working on has two switches, one for dining room and one for outside. The dining room was a dimmer. I changed the dimmer to 1way. The other switch is not working as are three lights in the basement.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I started it yesterday. Everything was working before

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I am doing it myself

3/18/2018
David Bowden
David Bowden, Electrician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Do you have a voltage tester to determine if the switches are making contact or there is a faulty wire?

I do not
No thank you

In order to be able to identify and verify why the lights do not work you will need to use a voltage tester, otherwise it will just be guessing. Would you like to come back to this question once you have the tester?

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Thanks,

Dave

I do not need any more help. Thanks for asking

You are most welcome and thanks for the reply back.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden, Electrician